PARK VIEW COMMUNITY CENTRE (PVCC)
For: PVCC Users
Data Protection Bill 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 25 May 2018
The security of data and information is important to us. This is why we follow a range of security policies and procedures to control and safeguard access to and use of your personal information. This includes both physical and technical security and integrity of all data.
Who we are and what we do
We, Park View Community Centre, are a data controller for the purposes of the above statutory legislation.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is: Neil Batey
The personal data we collect and hold
Personal data that we may collect, use, store and share (when appropriate) about PVCC users includes, but is not restricted to:
- Contact details, contact preferences, data of birth
- Details of any medical conditions, including physical and mental health
- Attendance information
Collecting this information
We collect data from PVCC users directly when they access our Facilities
Special category data
Special category data is any personal information that is one or more of these categories:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Genetic data
- Biometric data
- Health data
When we collect special category personal information we rely on explicit consent.
Why we use this data
We hold personal data about PVCC users in order to:
- Provide you with information regarding Events, activities and courses that may be of interest
- Ensure we are aware of any medical conditions when you participate in any of our courses
Our legal basis for using this data
We collect and use personal data on the basis of performing a public task (ie, providing educational and recreational activities for the community).
How we store this data
We keep personal information about PVCC users 5 Years. We will only retain the data we collect for as long as is necessary, to satisfy the purpose for which it has been collected.
- We will not give information about you to anyone outside PVCC without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
- We do not transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic area.
PVCC users’ rights regarding personal data
Individuals have a right to make a ‘subject access request’ (SAR) to gain access to personal information that PVCC holds about them. The SAR request form can be requested by email (‘firstname.lastname@example.org’) or by post (SAR Request, Park View Community Centre, Church Chare, Chester le Street, County Durham, DH3 3QA). Once the official form is completed, PVCC will respond within the statutory timescale of one calendar month, or three months if the request is more complex.
Individuals also have the right for their personal information to be transmitted electronically to another organisation in certain circumstances.
If we cannot provide information to you, we will give you a description of the information we hold and the reason why it cannot be disclosed to you at the time of your request.
Individuals have rights regarding how their personal data is used and kept safe, including the right to:
- Object to the use of personal data if it would cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent it being used to send direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means rather than by a person
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data corrected, deleted or destroyed, or restrict processing
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations
To exercise any of these rights, please contact our DPO.
We take any complaint regarding our collection and use of personal information very seriously. If you think that our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or have any other concern about our data processing, please raise this with our DPO.
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
- Telephone : 0303 123 1113
- In writing : Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- Online : https://ico.org.uk/concerns/